Tuesday, 12 February 2013

Lent and Pancakes

I found this image here but I'm not convinced it's the original source.
If you know what it is, let me know and I'll change it!!
Happy Pancake Day! 

As I said yesterday, I LOVE pancakes. Seriously, they're my favourite. And I'll make them for you, even if you don't call me darling. (But it would help.)

This morning I got up extra early so I could eat them for breakfast. I even made extra batter for my brother to have when he got up- seriously, I am the best sister ever. I'm writing this before work, but I'm guessing I'll be paying the price later by feeling lethargic and yuck all morning (I tend to stick to fruit with yoghurt and granola or porridge for breakfast). I'll have to make up for it with some healthy soup for lunch!!

But there is another element to today besides gorging myself on the sweet things. LENT.

I'm not religious at all, really, but I try to give something up for Lent each year. In the past I've done the typical ones: chocolate, meat, odd socks (just me? OK then...), and this year I'm sticking with that and giving up bread.

But I'm also giving up screens.

I'm totally addicted to my laptop and phone, and I definitely watch FAR too much TV. So for at least one whole waking hour (preferably two, and definitely more on weekends), excluding time spent driving, I am going to be putting away my phone and laptop and switching off the TV. I'm hoping to use this time to exercise more, bake more (there is something counterproductive there) and catch up on reading. I know this sounds like a small thing, but given that I stare at a computer screen all day at work, I think it's a good idea, as I'm not convinced all this screen time is good for me. Don't worry, I'll still be blogging though! (Psh, like you were worried....)


Are you giving anything up for Lent this year?

4 comments:

  1. i am so excited to have pancakes for dinner tonight! good lent give ups! i like the giving up on screens thing! might do it too :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too (even though I had them for breakfast)!! How can something so simple be so good? Thanks, I'm hoping it won't be too tricky! :) x

      Delete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog