Monday, 4 February 2013

Happiness is....

It's Monday.

Again.

The start of a new week is definitely the easiest time to be miserable, particularly when the mornings are still SO dark- seriously, the moon is still high in the sky when I wake up.

So I've decided that I'm going to start a new February Resolution and start my weeks with a positive mental attitude, starting TODAY. And the easiest thing I could think of was to begin the day with a cup of tea in my cheeriest mug.


This mug definitely has it right. It was a gift from my lovely friend M, and is available here. And it made me think- for me, this dark Monday in February, what is happiness?

Happiness is... NOT COMING LAST at last night's pub quiz. Though this did mean we didn't win the booby prize of a bag of chocolate eclairs, me and the boys are happy to be climbing the leaderboard. We have also clearly been firmly accepted into the pub quiz domain, as we have our own LAMINATED (oo-er) team name card now, and a reserved table each week...

Happiness is... coming home to this face. This is my very lovely, very fat cat Betsy. She's amazing, and I'm sure she'll be cropping up a lot on this little blog of mine. Even if she does steal my chair.


Happiness is... finding a new shortcut home! I was driving back from a marathon meeting today, followed my gut instinct and got home 30 minutes earlier than I would have otherwise. Boom.

Happiness is... most importantly, YOU GUYS! Seriously, your sweet comments on my Paris post and the fact that you've chosen to follow this blog, when it's only days old, gives me a seriously warm fuzzy feeling. So THANK YOU, you've made me so happy today.

Finally, can we all send some happiness in Megan's direction please? She seems so lovely, and her latest post has made me sad for her, so happy thoughts in her direction please!

What's making you happy today?

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! She will undoubtedly be making multiple appearances here, she loves the limelight! x

      Delete
  2. i don't even drink coffee but i want that cup! beautiful pictures and such a cute cat too :)

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // youtube

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win the UD naked basics palette, real techniques brushes and essie polishes! click here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In fairness, I almost exclusively drink tea out of it! Thank you, I love her to bits!

      Delete
  3. My cat does that. As soon as I get up, he hops up onto my chair because it's warm. Usually I'm only getting up to make a pot of tea and intend to come back but he's usually asleep or not far off. Lovely blog! So pleased to have stumbled across it. Right now I'm writing about Summer on my blog because I'm in Australia. It's so nice to see snow in your posts. :)
    Bella xx
    seaandsalt.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly what happened here- I had gone to make a pot of tea! Thank you so much, I'm very pleased you stumbled across my blog too! I so wish it was summer here- I have definitely had enough of winter! xx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, she's also the cuddliest cat EVER! x

      Delete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog