Monday, 25 February 2013

Happiness is... (vol.4)

I am definitely going to get the numbering of these posts messed up at some point soon. Let me know if I do?!

So yeah, I'm back!!! But sadly, it is Monday again- but here are some little/ not so little happy things to cheer me (and hopefully you) up a bit!!

So today, Monday 25th February/ whatever Arctic month we're still in, happiness is....

... an amazing, long overdue weekend with incredible friends. There will be a full post on my weekend away tomorrow, but for today, let's say there are few things better for the soul than a weekend filled with country air, fantastic food, even better friends, and three adorable dogs.


... the first week at my new job being OVER. Nothing is more stressful than week one in a new job, in my opinion (if you disagree you better have a seriously good case for your stressful thing), so I am VERY HAPPY that that is over with and I can now just get properly stuck in!

... Open fires. I LOVE ours at home, and it is on the go pretty much all the time at the moment, because it is STILL SO COLD. 


... Waitrose Basil and Pecorino dip. Oh. My. God. This is amazing. Try it now, and bring me some while you're at it.

... You all. And particularly, your seriously lovely comments on this post. You are all brilliant, commenters or not.

How was your weekend? Any particular happinesses to report!?

8 comments:

  1. Um, please share the recipe for the Waitrose Basil and Pecorino dip. It sounds amazing!

    Or wait, is Waitrose a restaurant? I'm not UK savvy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I wish I knew how to make it... Waitrose is a posh UK supermarket (a branch of which just happens to be right across the road from me at work). The ingredients list mainly consists of soured cream, basil, and pecorino though, so maybe trying various combinations of those might work!? x

      Delete
  2. Hi Alice! I tried to send you an email response to your comment you left on my blog the other day. The email was returned to me. Just thought you might want to know your blog email doesn't work. Thanks for the advice on Ben Howard :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristin- thanks for the heads up!! That would be because some silly person (read: me) wrote the wrong email address on her own Get in Touch page. Oops!!! If you want to resend, the email address is thecupandsaucerblog@gmail.com - fingers crossed that should work!! :) x

      Delete
  3. I totally agree about fires bringing happiness! They're so warm, comfy and always bring a sense of calm.
    Isn’t That Charming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are- I think any bad mood can be cured by curling up next to a fire with tea/ wine and a really good book :) x

      Delete
  4. That fire place is gorgeous!!! Fire places are my happy place. Glad I found your blog! I'm about to jetset off to London and stay there with friends and family for + - 5 weeks and seeing your photos makes me so excited!! :)

    www.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh wow, you must be so excited! I'm about 3-4 hours from London, so haven't actually made it up there in a little while- but I'm sure you'll have an incredible time! :) x

      Delete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog