Monday, 11 February 2013

Happiness is... (vol.2)

I'm trying to keep up this whole positive mental attitude thing.

So even though Monday has rolled around again, here are a few more little things which are making me happy on a miserable Monday morning in February (stupid month for ruining my alliteration!)

SO. Today, happiness is...

Sorry for the not-brilliant picture- this was taken on my old iPhone!
... the fact that it's pancake day tomorrow! I LOVE pancakes, and think of any excuse to make them. Last year,  I was making pancakes from like 7 in the morning until 11pm (I made them for my housemates for breakfast, and we ate them all day, ending up with going to a pancake party at a friends, where I instantly made my way to the kitchen and took charge of the whole operation. I'm THAT person). I'm going to try to break last year's record of 15 flips of one pancake this year.

... meeting my older brother J's girlfriend for the first time. J lives in Bristol, and came home for the weekend with his girlfriend in tow. She was so lovely, and they make an adorable couple! I always love family time, and we really made the effort this weekend. Lovely stuff!


... my beautiful Emma Bridgewater teapot. My bestie bought it for me for my birthday last month, and I find ANY excuse to whip it out for a proper cup of tea!! Tea party, anyone?!

... the fact that this lovely dress is winging its way to me at the moment. Providing it fits and looks half decent on me, I miiiiight do an outfit post and you might actually get to see my face. Absolutely no promises though!

... and finally, as I said last week, YOU GUYS! Seriously, the fact I have ten people who are interested enough in my ramblings to actively follow my blog boggles my mind. THANK YOU! 

What's making you happy today?

10 comments:

  1. i would say that pancake is a happiness too.
    and i love that teapot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're my favourite breakfast! Thanks, I love it too! x

      Delete
  2. Not many of us can find happiness in a Monday, but I'm glad you've done it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you- it's my way of attempting to stay sane at the start of a new week haha! x

      Delete
  3. I went through a point a couple of years ago where I made pancakes CONSTANTLY. They just had to be in the house, because I would inevitably wake up a couple times a week craving pancakes.
    And I love this idea - it brightens up a day that most people just accept is going to be depressing!
    <3 Kiersten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They used to be my treat breakfast at university (That's where the picture was taken)- If I had a dissertation chapter due, or an exam I had to revise for, they were my go to!
      Thank you, that's what I hoped people would think about it! :) x

      Delete
  4. I I love that dress xx

    1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too- I'm so hoping it looks nice on me!! x

      Delete
  5. your pancakes look scrumptious

    http://thelittlebigobsession.blogspot.co.uk

    p.s I have giveaway on my blog if you're interested

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are so easy to make, it's almost dangerous. x

      Delete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog