Tuesday, 19 February 2013

Commuting

As I've mentioned before, I have a new job! 

It's in a field I'm really interested in, which is brilliant. The only possible disadvantage of this job is the fact I have a MUCH longer commute- 42 miles instead of 13, though it does only take me 20 minutes longer to get there. So far, I've managed not to get lost (which is seriously impressive for me), or to crash into a sheep/ Dartmoor Pony/ drystone wall- let's all keep our fingers crossed that none of these things happen, ever!

But to be honest, I would quite happily put my hand up and say I have one of the nicest commutes in Britain. 

I mean, LOOK AT IT. These photos are a few snaps I took of just one little part of the journey, but pretty much the whole thing is lovely.

I did stop to take this, honest!


An attempt at a panorama... not toooo too bad.
Another picture with my face in it! Shocker. As you can see, the moors make me pretty happy.

The road to nowhere? Nooo it goes to work!
 

And coming home, I get to see sunsets like this. Pictures can't do moorland sunsets justice.
As I said in this post, I feel seriously fortunate to live where I do. I would MUCH rather have an hour long commute with views like these, than be crammed in a tube train like a sardine or sit for an hour on the M25. But that's just me.

And when you have a long commute in your own car, you get to listen to amazing music and sing as loud as you like! Here are a couple of my current favourites:

Jesus Jackson- Running on Sunshine
Such a great song to wake up to and sing along to on your way to work!



Taylor Swift- I Knew You Were Trouble
I unapologetically love this song. Don't hate me.


Tom Waits- Jersey Girl
I just love this. And there is nothing better than putting a song you can really belt out on when you're driving


Do you have to go a long way to get to work? Or are you lucky enough to still be in walking distance of university (sob sob)? 

12 comments:

  1. I love your bautiful commute! So beautiful! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It definitely brightens up my journeys to and from work! x

      Delete
  2. This is so beautiful! I just read your other post about the reservoir too and think i'm going to have to visit Dartmoor to see these scenes for myself!

    Thanks for your comment on my blog, i'm now following you :)

    http://sophie-acrosstheuniverse.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should, it's so beautiful down here- particularly when the sun has his hat on!! :) x

      Delete
  3. New follower xx

    mac lipstick giveaway. 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live about one mile from work, so I try my best to walk to and from. But sometimes, I am lazy, and even one mile seems too long.

    Your commute looks lovely though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A mile is soooo close! Lucky you :) hahaha I would like to say I would always walk, but I know I definitely would not every day. Particularly not if it was raining :) x

      Delete
  5. at least you have a great view to work.
    i once worked for this advertising production house in the city that took like an hour or more to get there just because it's traffic.
    that's no fun at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, being stuck in traffic is the worst! That's what I love about this drive- I hit hardly any traffic, it's incredible! x

      Delete
  6. Ooh that's a lovely commute! Congrats on your new job :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's made me actually enjoy the drive to work! Thanks, it's going well so far! :) x

      Delete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog