Friday, 15 February 2013

Betsy

After I wrote my first Happiness Is... post, I got a lot of lovely comments from you lot saying how adorable my cat Betsy is.

Clearly, I agree.

Now I'm not saying she's going to be the next Oscar or anything, but she's my favourite, so I thought I'd share some more photos of her with you! Just what I think we all need this morning.

Now I warn you, these are not going to win any prizes for photography. She has a tendency to move when I shove a camera in her face, and she has a problem with one of her eyes which means it weeps quite a lot, which is why her eye looks sore. We've spoken to the vet about it though, and she is fine, so please don't worry about it!

And a last little note about her name... We picked Betsy around the same as we took a trip to North Wales. We stayed near Betwys-y-Coed, which, being the strange Englishfolk that we are, we pronounced as "Betsy Co-Ed". Turns out it's actually pronounced more like "Bet-iss-i-coyd", but the name stuck and Betsy she is.



"Helping" me blog...

... and again.



She always gets the best seat in the house

And she is pretty much terrified of going outside. Seriously.

So there you have it!! Inevitably, she will appear over here a LOT, and this post definitely makes me look a little like a mad cat lady, but I really don't care, because she's brilliant.

15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know right?! Oh to be a cat!! x

      Delete
  2. She is so sweet! Where abouts in Devon are you from? I grew up in Torquay where my dad still lives but my mum lives out in the countryside/middle of nowhere near Ipplepen :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really is! I'm West Devon- out on Dartmoor, about half an hour from Plymouth. I find it so funny that you're from Devon and live in Cardiff- I went to uni in Cardiff- I finished last June and miss it so much!! xx

      Delete
    2. ahh how lovely! I'm the other side of Dartmoor :) It's a great city but I do miss the countryside! xx

      Delete
  3. She is so very very cute! I love the sleeping photos,

    Cats can be so beautiful, especially white short haired ones, beautiful.

    Hope you are well, take care xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She really is beautiful, when we took her to the vet for the first time even she squealed "Oh she's such a pretty kitten"!!! Hope you're well too, and having a lovely weekend! :) x

      Delete
  4. Aww! She is precious. I have a siamese named "kitty". Real original, I know. ;)
    She definitely brings a lot of happiness to this little house though with her feisty personality.
    Hope you have a good weekend!
    ::Ashton
    http://ashtonanddiscourse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes the most obvious names are the best! Oh I know what you mean, cats are such a presence in the house, don't you think!? Hope you're having a lovely weekend too! :) x

      Delete
  5. I love knowing that I'm not the only blogger who loves posting picture of her cat! When I'm home on breaks, Kitty is all over my blog.
    <3 Kiersten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh no!! I think everyone loves a good old-fashioned cat post, they're lovely! Hope you're having a lovely weekend :) x

      Delete
  6. I am a cat lady too! I have 5 cats, shocking, I know. One of them wanders all over my computer when I am typing! So very helpful, Your kitty is a beauty, I love her colourings!

    E x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Five! WOW! I love Betsy, but I don't think I could cope with more than just her- she is very demanding haha! x

      Delete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog