Wednesday, 13 February 2013

A Little Story...

Sometimes I amaze myself which just how silly I can be.

It's my last day at my current job on Friday, so tomorrow (Thursday, in case you couldn't work it out), I'm taking in a whole load of baked goods. Salted caramel brownies, lemon drizzle cake, and shortbread, to be precise.



Now I don't mean to get all big headed, but I make amazing shortbread, and everyone at work loves it . So I decided to increase the recipe by 50%. But somehow, I worked out that if I increased 100g by 50%, I would need to use 225g in my amended recipe.

Seriously, what was I thinking!?

Fortunately, I realised my mistake reasonably quickly, and I had enough of everything else to essentially double the recipe. And what is really fortunate is the fact that I don't work in finance. Can you imagine? Supposedly, I'm good at maths- I got As in my maths and statistics GCSEs- but it would seem I just have absolutely no common sense.


On a completely unrelated note, I was watching From The Heart with Mama CupandSaucer earlier, and we were chattering about organ donation. Personally, I think this is a REALLY IMPORTANT THING. I give blood regularly, and I am on both the organ donor and the bone marrow donor registers. And most importantly, my mum (who is my next of kin) knows that I would want to donate my organs. And now so do you all, I suppose! I would happily donate my organs even now, because I'd like to think that someone else would do it for me, if I needed it.



If you're not on the organ donor register (and you live in the UK), you can sign up HERE. Apparently only 30% of the UK's population are on the register, but 92% would be happy to receive a donated organ. So SIGN UP NOW and consider it your good deed for the day. You could probably milk that one for a month, actually- it's an amazing thing to do. 

6 comments:

  1. Mmm I love shortbread! Good thing you caught the glitch in time - that was nice of you to bring these in for your coworkers!
    Isn’t That Charming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too- it's one of my favourites, and so simple to make! Thanks, I love baking for other people, and they always appreciate it so I'm happy to do it! :) x

      Delete
  2. ah, yes. it's thursday here in indonesia so you're officially off here!
    it looks yumm! remind me of my mom's bake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wahey, I'll tell them that at work tomorrow haha! Thanks, it tasted yummy- but mums always do the best baking, don't they! x

      Delete
  3. I definitely need to register as a organ donor! It is a weird thought though...

    www.trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! :) Oh definitely a weird thought- but then I think that once my time is up, someone else may need them!:) x

      Delete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog